- Report all accidents to your employer, no matter how trivial, without waste of time.
- Don’t take time off work on sick pay because of the higher rate of pay.
- Don’t sign any documents which might release your employer from responsibility.
- Don’t attempt to cover up an injury in order to maintain “accident-free days” and so collect a chicken for Christmas.
- REMEMBER to contact your Union if in doubt.
- The Policy of the Union is to provide legal aid to members in cases where employer negligence is in evidence.
- YOUR policy should be to consult your State officers without delay in all cases where employer negligence is considered to be the cause of your accident.
Taken from the Meat Union Journal of Tasmania May, 1967