Six good reasons to become a union member
Join the union to protect your rights at work
- Unions stand for decent rights and fairness in the workplace.
- Union members and workplaces enjoy better pay, employment conditions and rights at work. On average union members earn $125 more a week than workers who are not in unions.
- Union membership is the best way to make sure that your workplace is safe, that you receive your full entitlements and that you have advice and support when you need it.
- A great advantage of union membership is the support and benefits that come from acting collectively with your co-workers.
- The more people who join together in a union, the greater the bargaining power. We are all much stronger when we work together.
- Union members get access to special discounts and services that add real value to your membership by saving your money.