Tax time

When filling in your taxation return:

Don’t forget to claim your union deductions when filling in your tax return for the financial year.

If you need clarification for the Australian Taxation Office please ring the union office and we will send out confirmation to you. Read More...

Union rules – resignation

When resigning from your employment:

Remember, when terminating your employment you will need to advise the Union of your movements (i.e. either leaving the industry totally or transferring to another employer).

This information is not automatically provided to the Union by your employer so it is imperative that you advise the Union as soon as possible. Read More...

Legal assistance

Need legal assistance?

McLean McKenzie and Topfer have branches in Burnie,  Smithton and visit Launceston and Hobart regularly. 

Union members can receive assistance from McLean McKenzie and Topfer with any legal matter, whether associated with work or personal.

Give us a ring on 6331 7233 for further help.


Income Protection Plan

Employee Accident and Sickness Programme for Union Members


Protect your family

Statistics show that more than 1 in 3 employees will suffer an injury or illness that incapacitates them for a period of more than 3 months.

Can you afford not to be covered?